Please Login To ProceedLogin Using Facebook
Home Weddings Corporate Special Events Services Menus About Us Contact
image of a roses on a tableCatering 101WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOWFacts | Frequently Asked Questions About Denver Catering ServicesWe are here to help with your eventThere are many questions to ask your caterer and event planner. We have come up with a list of frequently asked questions to help guide you through the process.
  1. Are you Licensed and Insured? Yes we hold all City and State licenses required to cater anywhere in the state of Colorado, including Denver, Boulder and Broomfield. We hold General liability, Liquor Liability and workers compensation insurance. All are available upon request.
  2. How Long Have you been in Business? We have been in business since 2013. However our staff has over 60 years of combined catering experience.
  3. What rentals options do you offer? The Modern Edge will provide all required food service equipment for every event, including buffet equipment and service ware with the purchase of catering. All extra rentals including tables,chairs,glasses, plates, flatware, and linens are available through us for an extra charge.
  4. What if we get our own rentals? You are more than welcome to use any rental company of choice. However there might be an extra service charge for us to handle outside rentals for setup/ take down and cleaning of plates, glasses, etc.
  5. Why are your rentals more than the rental company? When rentals are purchased from the rental company they will charge you extra to setup/ take down your rentals. We do not. Also we take on any liability of broken rentals as well.
  6. Do you have a service charge/fee? Yes we charge a 20% service charge on all catered events. For drop off service we will charge a small delivery fee. Service fee includes all staff required for food service only. Extra staff might be required depending on type of service chosen, location, event and event size. Service fee also includes disposable plates, flatware, napkin, buffet equipment, buffet tables, and some standard buffet decor.
  7. Do you handle event clean-up? If contracted we will be with you till the end of the event. We will handle all clean up of food service areas and some clean-up in other areas. Depending on the venue chosen some additional service staff might be required for clean up.
  8. Do you provide the wedding cake? Yes. We offer basic wedding cakes and cupcakes. For larger wedding cakes we have a few cake shops and cakery's that we send clients to. We will help you plan all the way though.
  9. Is there a cake cutting fee? Yes. Because of the extra cost of plates and flatware there will be a small charge to cover such items. If China has been rented please include china for cake services and we will waive the fee. Furthermore we cannot guarantee cake cutting and size of cake slices or presentation because of the different styles of cakes and other factors like temperature, frosting chosen, and layers.
  10. Do you charge a corkage fee? No we do not charge a corkage fee with full bartending services or full catering services. We do charge a corkage if liquor service is not prearranged.
  11. Do you have a contract? Yes we will provide a contract along with final proposal upon closing. There will be no hidden charges and only you the client can change the final charges by adding guests or more services after contract is in place.
  12. What is your payment policy? We require a 30% non-refundable deposit due with contract. The other 70% is due 7 business days prior to event along with the final guest count.
  13. Are gratuities included? There is no need for gratuities as our staff is paid by the hour however if our staff did well for your event gratuities are greatly appreciated.
We know that planning an event can be stressful, we are here to help you plan the perfect event! Contact us if you have questions. Also view our terms here. For mobile bars and bartending go here.Click Here For A Quote!Contact Us for a Consultation!Call Us: (720) 299-7638Email Us: sales@modernedgeevents.comThe Modern Edge Events & Catering100 Depot Hill Rd. Unit A Broomfield, CO 80020Frequently Asked Questions
Call Us Monday - Friday9:00am to 5:00pm720.299.7638The Modern Edge1000 Depot Hill RdBroomfield, CO 80020Email UsAnytime 24/7sales@modernedgeevents.comCateringWedding CateringCorporate CateringSpecial Event CateringPicnic CateringHoliday CateringCandy BarsCatering FactsServicesCateringBartendingEvent ProductionWedding PlanningWedding VenuesMenusWedding MenuCorporate MenuSocial MenuBreakfast MenuLunch MenuBox Lunch MenuCompanyHomeContact UsAbout The Modern EdgeTestimonials/ReviewsPrivacy PolicyCareersThe Modern Edge is One of Colorado's Most Awarded Catering & Events Companies: Home Weddings Corporate Special Events Menus About Us Contact Built by Double Sketch, Inc.